Friday, May 25, 2007

grateful



I have the greatest friends in the world. The last week has been full of reminders of God's grace and generosity in my life. Last Saturday my sweet friend Maury hosted a Blessing Party for me. I had never been a part of something like that. It was humbling and encouraging. I was thinking about how we just don't get a lot of chances to hear what other people see in us. It's kind of funny that I can tell you what about me bugs my friends more than I can tell you why they are actually friends with me. So it was really amazing to be encouraged in that way and a really special way for me to be sent into this next season of my life. I want to make an effort to let my friends know what they mean to me more often.


That night, Maury's 2nd grade daughter, Gracie, hosted a slumber party for me. I've taught Gracie in Kid's Village for 2 years. She's a special girl with an amazing heart and I will miss her dearly. I cannot wait to see who she will be as she gets older. So that night, I got to spend the night with some of my favorite girls. It was so so fun.

Last night, me, Cassie, Anne, Jess and Hillary got all dressed up and went to Simply Fondue (and missed Mallery the whole time!) because I have never had Fondue before. It was good and we feasted. Here are pictures:



Me and Cassie



Cassie and Jessica






Who knew they played We Are Fam-i-ly at a Fondue restaurant? Jess must sing.


Me and Cassie....and Anne's bread



Woah...Sorry she's sideways...can't figure out how to turn it

Hill and Me...ooo...steamy
Here is what I know. I am blessed beyond anything I could deserve. The Lord has surrounded me with women who are wise and who chase after him. I pray that Little Rock has the same for me. I'm almost done packing. Hillary is moving out today. It's sad, but every day I am feeling more and more at peace with my decision to move. Still, I want to trust him more than I do. I still need him to pry my fingers off of the things that I assume bring me life and joy and force me to grab him around the neck and hold on for dear life. So I worship as I pack up my life here and get ready to go somewhere that I can only hope will make me more like him.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm going to miss you friend!!!!

lb said...

Praying for you and wishing all the best in LR!